When is it time to cleanse my mala beads?
There is no right or wrong time to cleanse your mala, it’s all about following your intuition. If you feel your mala hasn’t been sending the right vibrations, or is misaligned with your intentions, it’s probably time to cleanse your beads. As you wear your mala beads they can pick up different vibrational frequencies given off by those you spend your time with, from how you personally have dealt with a situation + from the environment that you are in. If you feel that your mala isn’t giving you the positive energy that you need, it might be a sign that it is time to cleanse your mala beads and realign them with the proper intention in mind.
How do I cleanse my mala beads?
Here are a few of our favorite ways to cleanse mala beads of their vibrational energy:
- Place them under the sunlight or moonlight. This will help to recharge them and release any of the unwanted vibrations (don’t leave them too long – to avoid fading only place them in the light for a couple of hours). Leaving them in the sunlight/moonlight can also help to kick up their energetic qualities. Some say that to lay them out under the full moon can help to give a more natural, long lasting recharge.
- Burning sage in the presence of your mala will also help to cleanse out any energies that don’t serve you.
- Surround your mala with some of your favorite gemstones and allow them to give off their energy to your mala.
- Chanting or other sound vibrations can also help to release negative energy.
- Rinse your Mala in a bowl of warm water with a touch of sea salt.
- Cleanse your Mala Beads in the ocean if you’re lucky enough to have the sea by your side! Our friend Natalie MacNeil shows us her favorite way of doing this here:
What’s next? Resetting your intentions:
After cleansing your mala, it’s time to reset its intention. It might be the same intention as before, or it may be a completely new one. Be sure to focus your energy into the mala of what it is you are trying to manifest. Do you need some more calm + relaxation in your life? Do you need guidance on your journey of motherhood? Are you looking to add more love + light into your relationships? Whatever it is you are trying to manifest, be clear with your intentions.
Happy cleansing + happy manifesting!
The post How to cleanse your Tiny Devotions Mala beads appeared first on Tiny Devotions.